This is the delayed accompaniment post to our Ace Attorney Defense Badge tutorial! The Attorney Badge will complete any Ace Attorney cosplay, if you’re going as Phoenix, Mia, Apollo, or Athena. This tutorial uses polymer clay.
- A circle template. If you don’t have a store-bought one, you draw circles using a compass on paper, and cut that out, to use as your template. Make your circle depending on how big you want your badge to be.
- Gold polymer clay. We paint our badge after its baked so if you intend to do the same, color hardly matters.
- Craft knife
- Rubber shaping tools. Optional, but really help.
- A pointed item, like a toothpick
- Fade-proof, waterproof ink pen.
- Brooch pins.
- Paint or pigment of your choice. I will be using gold metallic spraypaint.
On the second disk, cut out another circle in the center of it. You won’t be using that circle. Layer this “circle-with-a-circle-cut-out” on top of the first disk. You can make the edges smoother and more rounded using a rubber tool, or your fingernails.
Bake according to your clay’s instructions. After it has been cooled, I also spray it with some gold paint.
After that, it’s just a matter of waiting for the ink to dry and then sealing it in, and then attaching the brooch pins to the back.
You now have a cute Defense Attorney badge! For those who prefer seeing things in motion, our video tutorial is also below. Please subscribe if you’d like to get updated on tutorials of cosplay or cute items!
You may also buy a badge from our Etsy shop here.
Thanks and have a great day! Happy crafting!